Welcome To Microbiome Movement – Oncology Response Summit
Our increased understanding of the mechanisms of action driving the hallmarks of cancer has facilitated continued evolution of the cancer therapeutic landscape with novel targets and treatments being discovered. More recently, however, a wealth of scientific evidence has demonstrated the impact of the gut microbiome in modulating patient response and resistance to existing cancer treatments. Additionally, findings have revealed causal and consequential roles of the microbiome in cancer pathogenesis and progression.
The inaugural Microbiome Movement – Oncology Response Summit has been established to improve your understanding on how to translate microbiome-oncology research from discovery settings and from retrospective clinical investigations into the routine oncology practice. This first-of-its-kind event is your opportunity to learn from the expertise of key opinion leaders from pre-clinical, translational and clinical scientists from large pharma, biotech and academia presenting the latest case studies and in-depth discussion on key topics including:
- Discover the mechanistic pathways underpinning the causality of the microbiome in cancer and consequential effects of cancer therapeutics on microbial dysbiosis
- Understand how –omics data are being integrating to inform cancer clinical decision making
- Investigate translational applications of the microbiome in cancer 1) to improve clinical safety outcomes, 2) as a validated biomarker to predict patient response and 3) as an LBP monotherapy or adjuvant to enhance therapeutic efficacy (particularly in the context of immunotherapy)
- Explore the nutritional interventions for cancer treatment and prevention
- Harness clinical experience to establish gold standards for cancer clinical trials incorporating the microbiome as a measurable endpoint
- Uncover how to integrate the microbiome into existing oncology medical practice and drug development infrastructures
There is no question that applying the microbiome in cancer is the next frontier to enhance already existing oncology pipelines. Join us to advance the next wave of robust and evidence-based microbiome research into routine oncology practice.